Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Preparing for... "Here We Go"

I can't believe it's time again to go out to Utah for therapy.  Seriously?!  Seriously.  There seems like there's so much to do before we leave, mainly on the car.

Samantha's had a really rough 6 months.  She's been sick a lot and has had seizures pretty regularly.  Between that and growing, her muscles are so tight.  I try to stretch her, but she hates it and doesn't cooperate (fancy that!), and I'm just not as effective as trained therapists.  So, I'm really hoping that she'll be able to get some of her range back when she gets to therapy.

Last year at therapy, I said, "This is probably the last time we'll do this."  And now, preparing to go, I'm saying, "This will probably be the last time I make the trip."  Who knows?  It's hard work to go, be away from Marcus for a month, live in someone else's place, and this year I have 3 kidlets coming with me.  But, when I see the progress she makes, it's hard for me to stop.


Soon I'll be writing about therapy again, posting pictures, and probably crying because it's kind of an emotional trip.  But, I'm banking on the fact that it'll all be worth it.

Now, to get ready and survive this heat in the process!

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy for you guys. I hope you see lots of improvement. If you have time, let's get together. Maybe we can do a park or something since you'll have all the kids. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea Carruth18 July, 2013

    Wish I were in Utah to help with the kids and Samantha. Cache would love some kids to play with. If you go back in 6 months I should be there to help :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails