Friday, May 18, 2012

Getting Ready to Sweat

I am getting very ready for tomorrow's big day.  Yesterday we went to packet pick-up and got our t-shirts and bib numbers.  I was so excited I could hardly contain myself.  Road Runner was awesome.  Even though we are among the smaller events that do packet pick-up there, the employees were full of energy and so fun.  Callie had a great time playing red light, green light with the employees there as she waited for me.

We have awesome t-shirts this year.  
We have about 500 bananas in the minivan.
We have a ton of bagels that I need to fit into the van.
We have 200 Nutrigrain bars.
We have about 500 energy bars.
And even more food.
600 bottles of water.
More people are still registering.
Sammy will be on the NBC news tonight.
Firefighters are scheduled to come cheer the kids on during their race.
Music is set.
Prizes packed.

And we're doing all those final touches, hoping we don't forget anything.

I am filled with so much gratitude.  Last week, I was worried that people wouldn't come.  But then, I didn't care.  Something happened and I just didn't care anymore...not in a bad way...in a good way.  I realized that whoever was there would be celebrating Samantha with us, and that was enough for me.  I felt calm and really really blessed.  And now, in the 11th hour, I cannot believe what is coming together.  Sponsors deciding to write another check, just because.  What?!  People signing up, just because they want to be a part of it.  Volunteers coming out of the woodwork, just because they want to be there.  I'm touched.  I'm excited.  I'm so so happy.

I remember when I did the Hellyer 1/2 Marathon a couple months ago.  I was so excited.  Well, honestly, I felt some dread at the same time...but that morning I was so excited.  When I sit back and think about the people who will be there, excited to run in this race, and that it is all because of Samantha, it makes my heart overflow with such love and gratitude.

So, here's to tomorrow, and here's to Sweatin' for Sammy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails