Tuesday, April 26, 2011

We're In...Now WE Can

Deciding to take Samantha to Now I Can in Utah came up pretty fast.  The following months have been intense and fabulous!  I've said this before, but the love that we have felt from our friends, family, and perfect strangers has been overwhelming.  In an attempt to not sound so dramatic -- I just feel like we are witnessing something great.  I feel like our family, Samantha specifically, is a part of something greater than this therapy.  Yes, I believe that this therapy is going to be fantastic.  I expect to see miracles, like, ohhhh using a spoon to feed herself, walking up stairs.  I don't know what it'll be, but I believe there will be real physical miracles that come from this therapy. 

Today, however, as I met with friends to coordinate Sweatin' for Sammy - 5K, I realized I was witnessing another kind of miracle...the kind that brings friends, families, strangers, and entire communities together.  The kind of miracle that knits people's hearts together. 

Though both kinds of miracles can be life changing, today as I sat with these selfless woman, I thought to myself that if THIS is the only miracle that comes from all of this, it may just be worth it.  But, just have it be known...I'm expecting some of those other physical things to come along too.  Am I pushing my miracle limit?  I sure hope not.

And, finally.  YES.  The purpose of this post.  Drum roll please:

After our Chevy's fundraiser, we had enough money to pay the downpayment of $700 and secure Samantha's therapy session.  She is scheduled for September 19 - October 7.  We are so ExCiTeD!!!  Wahoo!

4 comments:

  1. Yayyyyy! I am excited for you and can't wait to see what comes from it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you've raised enough to get the down payment paid!! I will definitely be watching for the updates in September and October!! I am so excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you guys. This is so great! I wish I could be there to Sweat for Sammy, but I'm always sending good vibes from the East coast! I did forward the info to my sister, and she forwarded it to all her running friends, so I hope that adds a couple more runners that day. Go Sammy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Congrats to you and your sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails