Yesterday, Sergio was so excited about Sammy's progress that he was giddy! Here's what's been going on:
* She can hold positions that she couldn't before: standing, half kneel on both sides, upright kneeling, and a 4-point crawl position. She can hold these positions, on her own, for 2 seconds. May not seem like a lot, but it's a big deal.
* Samantha is beginning to really walk. Before, she used momentum to go forward. Now, she is starting to actually pick up her legs and move. It's cool to see.
* She's much MUCH calmer. Both Bryan and my mom have commented on how much easier it is to hold her. Seriously, over the past 2 weeks, she has calmed WAY down. It's been almost strange to see. And it's not just that she's tired. It's different. I can't explain it.
* For the first time, my mom saw Samantha pick up a Cheez-It one right after another, and put it in her mouth, instead of just swiping her hands around trying to pick food. She does it very well with her left hand and still struggles with her right hand (her tighter side)
* She seems to direct her mouth to a spoon better when eating
* We bought a new cup for her, and she is figuring it out. She isn't holding it yet, but she is drinking from it better.
* Samantha does stand up more erect more often. When she's on the go, she'll bend over, but she will stand up straighter more often.
* Her gait was a little slower at times today...has more control.
* Sammy's arms are soooo much more relaxed. Look at those arms! This was on a walk on Sunday. The entire time, her arms were down. Now, this is the normal for her. Today in therapy, she was in the stander having a snack. She kept her right arm down the entire time and used her left hand! Wait a minute...I just realized something, that's a bigger deal than I first thought....
* My mom was singing with her, and Samantha mimicked 3 sounds immediately after.
* Overall, she is sleeping better! Hallelujah! (and knock on wood)
* Samantha is starting to pull up her pant leg ALL the time (eating it only this once). Is this the first sign of maybe one day being able to dress herself?
* Today in the car, she took her shoe off. I have no idea how it happened. I heard the velcro, but she has never taken the shoe off. Again, I have no idea how it happened, but she got that shoe off! I call that progress (even if it's potentially annoying)
Way to go Sammy Sam Sam!