Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Better

I was about to sit down and update Samantha's blog.  It's been a while and I felt like it was time to post some new stuff.  We are in Utah again for Samantha's therapy session at Now I Can.  I wanted to talk about our trip out here and how she's doing today.  But I've had very limited internet access since being here...and so I thought I'd take some time to catch up on blogs I follow.

I wept as I read about Caleb's last 24 hours with his family.  I am not sure how a mother goes through that pain of losing their child, yet I know people do it every day.  I have been so touched and strengthened through the pain and loss of people like April and Becky and Erin, and so many others.  It sounds so selfish and horrible, actually, but it's true.  During these painful yet sacred moments, as these valient women, who I consider my friends, walk through their own Gethsemanes and then truthfully share their raw feelings, they radiate their faith, testimony, and pure love.  There is no doubt in my mind that the Spirit is nearby, that their children are nearby, that angels are surrounding them, and that the Savior knows their pain.

I am forever changed, and a better person, for knowing these mothers, families, and these angelic children.  My heart aches and I weep, sometimes sob, thinking about their loss, but they make me a better person.

So, I will update later, and I for now, I'll let their words and spirits simmer in my heart as I continue to daily pray for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails