Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Now I Can ... begins

Samantha, we've been told, responds well to therapy.  I'm not sure how long that will last, but she does.  She responds well to this new therapy we're doing at home, she responds well to PT and OT, she responds well to water therapy...she responds and she does it well.  Great.

So when I heard about Now I Can, I wanted to try it out, now.  while she's young.  while she's "responding well."  Echo (our PT in Spokane) recommended Sammy have some intensive therapy.  She said Sammy'd be a good candidate.  Also, intensive therapy (4-5 hours a day for a few weeks) has shown to have greater results than 1-2 hours a week (which is what we do now).

I had been putting it off, just because there were other things on my list, until the other day.  I get their monthly emails, and there was the email address to Jon.  He's the financial guy in their office.  I thought, "Why not get information?"  And, so I shot him an email.  He responded the next day (today).  He gave me his phone number and I called.

The awesome thing about this, is that he's going to call my insurance and find out if they cover anything and what and all that jazz.  My list just got way shorter.  I like when people do work for me.  It makes things easier.

So, I'll wait until I hear back from him -- probably in the next couple days -- and go from there.  I'm hoping our insurance will cover something.  That would make me happy.  But, who knows?  And if not, that's ok too.  It just means more fundraising...but I'm thinking this is worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails